The union is pleased about getting an above-inflation increase for its members, pointed out that in the last bargaining period in 2019, the total quantum of wage increases it secured in this sector amounted to 23% for three years.
The wage agreement:
- This wage agreement is valid from 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2025.
- Workers will receive an 8.5% increase in the first year, backdated to 1 July 2022.
- In the second year, they will get a 7% or CPI-related increase, whichever is greater.
- The same will happen in year three.
- Over and above those annual increases, they will get a once-off gratuity payment of R10 000 in year one.
- Furthermore, the union has negotiated more favourable terms for short-time workers and movements to higher salary bands.
In the meantime, the Retail Motor Industry Organisation (RMI) submitted a revised offer to NUMSA and MISA which NUMSA said they are considering and could see workers receiving increases of between 5% and 7.5% over three years.
Nothing has been confirmed regarding the RMI increase as the wage negotiations are still ongoing.
For more information and assistance with your current or upcoming B-BBEE verification, kindly contact your regional LabourNet office.
0861 LABNET (0861 522638).
Not yet a LabourNet client, but would like to know more about our service and products?
Email us: email@example.com